Question about loading using Arduino IDE

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Hi, your project looks very interesting. I am following:)

Question please...

Are you saying that we MUST use the Arduino IDE to load the Firmata.pde to the microcontroller? Have you found a problem loading firmata.pde/ino using Visual Studio?

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Edited Feb 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM

No reply, so please let me confirm that you can compile and upload with the Visual Studio addin installed. There are many ways in Visual Studio to do this.

The standard Visual Studio "Build" options will build/compile for Arduino. Either a single Arduino project or all Arduino projects in the current current solution.

The standard Visual Studio "Debug" options will upload (but not debug). "Start with or without" debugging will upload for the selected port and board. On the tools menu you can also override the serial upload and use a programmer instead.

So, all of the Visual Studio "build/debug" tool bar buttons, "build" menu items, "debug" menu items,  right click context project menu and keyboard shortcuts provide compile and upload for Arduino.

For an example then press F5 in Visual Studio when an Arduino sketch is open.

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2012 at 3:29 AM

sorry of lost answering.

No, im not saying that we must use arduino IDE, but when i downloaded VisualMicro, i see that it need installed Arduino IDE i installation notes.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:16 AM

oh very good. it is bad russian>english translation that i used :) looking forward to seeing your project mature. good luck and thanks for reply